Rosé — all day, or no way? How is rosé made? Is it all sweet? Can you age your rosé? It’s time to find out.
People have mixed feelings about rosé and we’re here to talk about why. We’ll go through a brief history of the pink drink, delve into the “dark ages”, learn about its rise to popularity, and see where rosé stands now (hint: it’s pretty dang popular). Join Paige, a long-time wine professional on track to take her Certified Sommelier exam this year. Come ring in the rosé season with us, as we rediscover this underrated category of wine.
The Stay-at-Home Somm is a donation-based project that supports displaced wine professionals that have been deeply impacted by Covid-19. To reserve your space, we ask for a $25 donation. For this class, 75% of all donations will directly support your teacher, while the remaining 25% is distributed to another unemployed service industry worker in need.
Paige’s Bottle Recommendations:
If you are in Austin, Texas and would like to support local, both Paige & J.R. recommend calling up LoLo in East Austin to find a bottle of rosé (512-906-0053). Or, if you wanted to purchase any of Paige’s other wine recommendations for her class, you can find the following bottles around the city (we recommend only one):
- Still: E. Guigal Côtes du Rhône Rosé 2018— available at Fresh Plus Grocery on West Lynn (<$20)
- Still: William Chris Vineyards Natural Ferment Malbec Rosé— available special order from William Chris Vineyards, or at Foreign & Domestic, Lenoir, and Aviary (approx. $20-30)
- Still: Yves Cuilleron ‘Sybel’ Syrah Rosé 2018 — available for curbside pickup from June’s for $25
- Still: Sutter Home White Zinfandel — available at most grocery stores (approx. $5)
- Sparkling: Nicolas Feuillatte Brut Rosé NV— available at Spec’s, Total Wine, Central Market North Lamar, and select HEB stores (approx $50)
- Sparkling: Raventos i Blanc Brut Rosé ‘de Nit’ — available at Jeffrey’s and Central Market and others (approx. $27 retail, $45 at Jeffrey’s)
- Sparkling: Eyrie Vineyards ‘Spark’ Dundee Hills Sparkling Rosé — available for curbside pickup at June’s for $45
OR, pick up your favorite bottle of Rosé and enjoy the class! We can’t wait to host you.
Thank you to our friends at RNDC for their community support in making this class a possibility!
We Will See You Soon!