Friday, May 22nd from 6pm – 6:45pm CST
Have you been waiting to finally understand the iconic wines of France? With over seven distinguished and flourishing wine regions, France can be intimidating for even the most seasoned consumer. Join Certified Sommelier, Ashley, for a trip through this historic country. We’ll get deep chatting all things terroir—the philosophy behind what creates character and typicity in a wine. We’ll also learn some important French terms that will help you learn to read a French wine label like a pro. Santé!
The Stay-at-Home Somm is a donation-based project that supports displaced wine professionals that have been deeply impacted by Covid-19. To reserve your space, we ask for a $25 donation. Unless otherwise noted, 90% of all donations will directly support your teacher, while the remaining 10% is distributed to another unemployed service industry worker in need.
Once you have submitted your reservation, you should receive a confirmation email within 24 hours. If you do not receive this email, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org
To best enjoy this class, Ashley recommends either one of the following bottles that can be purchased from an Austin retailer:
Wine Producer: Jérémie Huchet
Bottle: Clos Les Montys
Grape & Geographical Area: Muscadet Sèvre-et-Maine
Purchase at Travis Heights Beverage World
Wine Producer: Brendan Tracey
Bottle: Pour une Poignée de Bouteilles
Geographical Area: Vin de France
Purchase At APPT 115
If you are purchasing wines outside of Austin, look for:
- A crisp white wine from Muscadet, in the Loire Valley of France. This wine is made from a grape called ‘Melon de Bourgogne’, but will not be listed on the bottle.
- A rosé wine from Provence. These wines are some of the oldest in recorded history!
- A red wine from Beaujolais, made from the Gamay grape. This grape will probably also not be listed on the bottle. For some extra serious Beaujolais, rustic in character, look for a Cru Beaujolais at a specialty wine store.
We can’t wait to host you!